An intriguing case which recently came to light involved a young TV reporter who complained of leg pain and breathlessness. Her professional commitments required her to travel extensively and being on the move in drastically different terrains and weather conditions resulted in some sort of a deficiency. This was confirmed after a full body checkup which revealed that she required to improve her diet and include food rich in antioxidants.
The doctor explained how growing urbanization affects our system and how our bodies absorb bacteria, viruses and other harmful substances every day making us susceptible to diseases. Her research on antioxidants revealed an interesting plethora of information about available antioxidant tablets which can be incorporated as supplements and which are prepared from proven ingredients like Turmeric, Black Pepper, and African Mango. The daily consumption of these tablets helped her immensely and her breathlessness and leg pain completely vanished over a short period.
Let’s have a look at some of the properties of these antioxidant-rich tablets:
- Improved Digestion: The most important ingredients in turmeric and black pepper are Curcumin and Piperine respectively. Curcumin and Piperine help in the secretion of digestive juices thus preventing toxic leftovers in the body. An antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory, Curcumin is best absorbed when mixed with black pepper thus giving you the combined advantage.
- Stress Management: When our body digests food and excretes wastes, some of the toxins remain in the bloodstream damaging healthy cells and causing stress in the body. Antioxidants play a vital role in neutralizing toxins and free radicals to give us a healthy body.
- Pain Relief: A study revealed that antioxidants are effective in relieving pain and repairing damage because of the presence of African Mango which is known as an antioxidant because it contains alkaloids, phlobatannis, flavonoids and anthocyanins - components that easily absorb and flush toxins and free radicals out of our body. It is rich in protein and its various parts are used to cure many human diseases.
- Protecting the Liver: The Antioxidant properties of African Mango, which is known to have almost 78 % capacity to inhibit free radicals drastically improves liver functioning according to research.
- Healthy Heart: The hardworking heart doesn’t stop working all day long and requires utmost attention and this is where antioxidants in our food or as supplements prevent clogging of our arteries.
The above benefits are convincing enough to reach out to antioxidants in our food and in the form of tablets to aid us in maintaining optimum health and managing the side effects of our busy lifestyles.