Digestive and inflammation issues are becoming increasingly commonplace among young and old. One such case was that of a middle-aged lady who had been on and off medication for a rather long duration. It was quite a revelation for her when she was advised to consume probiotic capsules containing Biotin and Vitamin D3 as a supplement every day so she could regain her health and digestion.
What are these Probiotics?
Probiotics are microbes mostly found in our large intestines, lungs, urinary tracts, mouth, genitals, and our skin. They are live bacteria/yeasts that are extremely beneficial and naturally occur in our bodies. Although the word "bacteria" is often assumed to have negative connotations, we must realize that we have both good and bad bacteria in our system. While the bad ones knock our system out of balance, the good ones help us maintain this very balance.
To understand this better we must familiarize ourselves with the fact that our body is composed of trillions of microbes which are a combination of Fungi (yeasts), bacteria, protozoa, and viruses. All these are essential and play an important role in the daily functioning of our bodies. Adding probiotics through other sources is an act of supporting our body to function optimally. Let's have a look at some of the benefits of Probiotics to add to our knowledge.
5 Benefits of Probiotics:
- Supports Digestion: Probiotics help in the digestion of the proteins and also lower the pH level in the colon. This action supports the absorption of the nutrients and eventually releasing the waste through the stool.
- Helps us Maintain a Healthy Heart: It's been observed in studies that lactic acid-producing bacteria reduces cholesterol by breaking down the bile. This action prevents bile from being absorbed by the gut and enter our bloodstream as cholesterol, thus keeping our heart hale and hearty.
- Protects Mental Health: A study showed that supplements with Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strain when consumed for 8 weeks improve OCD, Depression, and Anxiety among people.
- Prevents Allergies: It's been observed in many studies that Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium strain also help prevent allergies, speaking volumes about the efficacy of the probiotics.
- Boosts the Immune System: Probiotics generate antibodies in the body and thus inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in our gut. Moreover, it's been observed that they also boost immune cells like natural killer cells, T Lymphocytes, and IgA-producing cells.
Since Health is Wealth, before you decide to pop just about any probiotic pill, you must choose your supplement wisely. Consuming probiotic supplements is one of the ways to add good bacteria to our bodies and the best supplements recommended are:
Absolute ProBio Plus, Biotin & Vitamin D3, and ProBio Supermax.
Consult your provider to choose the best probiotic intake and decide on its consumption pattern.